I want everyone in Hertford and Stortford to have the best possible opportunities to grow.
My priorities for this include:
- Linking residents with some of our area’s best employers.
- Highlighting the benefits of investing in the Innovation Corridor to the Government.
- Pioneering the use of social impact bonds to bring greater opportunity to people, improving their lives and livelihoods.
My achievements in bringing greater opportunity to Hertford and Stortford so far include:
- Co-chairing the Innovation Corridor APPG to drive our local Life Science and Sci-Tech industries up the Government’s agenda.
- Being the first MP to host a digital Jobs & Apprenticeships Fair over the pandemic and committing to host a physical event in 2021 on a much bigger scale.
- Successfully lobbying the Government to amend and extend the Future Fund, to better serve the small and fledgeling businesses it was designed to help through investment.