I know this is a worrying and uncertain time for everyone, and I share your anguish and concern. Concern for loved ones out of reach, for friends we cannot see, for colleagues facing uncertainty, for ourselves not fully understanding what the future will hold. My greatest source of hope through this time, though, has been the incredible community spirit of Hertfordshire which has not just held steady in the face of adversity but grown more than I could have imagined.
Thank you to everyone who has stepped forward to help others, and everyone for listening to, and heeding Government advice. Some of these measures are difficult to ask, but just following the news each evening is a daily reminder of why it is so important we follow the instructions. It is not just the vulnerable or elderly who are at risk, and the actions we each now take will directly save lives.
I want to pay thanks most of all to those on the frontline, from the NHS workers and carers, to teachers, food producers, bus drivers, supermarket staff, delivery drivers, police and prison officers. Each day, they forsake their own safety for the protection of ours. We must never forget this true act of courage and sacrifice, and we must all show our thanks to them by staying at home, protecting the NHS and helping to save lives.
I remain completely committed to supporting every single one of you throughout the pandemic in every way which my role as your MP allows. Please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Keep well and stay safe.
Hertford & District Food Bank
- Hertford United Reformed Church, Cowbridge, Hertford, SG14 1PG
- e: email@example.com
- t: 07851 708470
Bishop's Stortford Food Bank
- Bishop's Stortford Methodist Churc, 34b South Street, Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 3AZ
- t: 07432 785976,
- e: firstname.lastname@example.org;
EDUCATION AND SCHOOLS
Information about Schools
- Department of Education Covid-19 Hotline - 0800 046 8687
- Department of Education Email - email@example.com
BUSINESS & EMPLOYMENT
- HMRC helpline - 0800 024 1222
Information from East Hetfordshire District Council for Business
- Domestic Abuse Helpline - 08 088 088 088 - 9am-9pm Monday to Friday and 9am-4pm weekends
- email Kim@mailpurple.org
- Dedicated email for people with immigration or home office issues that have been impacted by Covid-19
SUPPORT FOR THE EXTREMELY VULNERABLE
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
- Sainsburys - 0800636262
- Aldi - 08000420800
- Asda - 08009520101
- Tesco Online - 0800 3234040 / 03301234040
- Tesco In Store - 0800505555 / 03301234055
- Waitrose - 0800188884
- Lidl - 08009777766
- Iceland - 08003280800
- Morrisons Online - 03456116111
- Morrisons In Store - 03453220000
- British Gas 0333 202 9802
- EDF 03333 200 5100
- EON 0345 052 000
- nPower 0800 073 3000
- Scottish Power 0800 027 0072
- SSE 0345 026 2658