Making Hertford and Stortford an even better place to work, live and grow up in is my overarching priority as the local MP.
My goals for this include:
- Making sure that victims of domestic abuse have the support they need.
- Helping our local businesses grow.
- Supporting the police to ensure local safety.
My achievements in this area so far include:
- Being on the public bill committee for the Domestic Abuse Bill - now Act - where my colleagues and I worked to pass an amendment for children to be recognised as potential victims of domestic abuse.
- Working to raise the profile of Future living, a brilliant domestic abuse charity in Hertford. To date, I have secured a commitment from the Safeguarding Minister to visit them in my role as a trustee for the charity, putting the charity on the Government’s radar.
- Hosting roundtables for different businesses throughout the pandemic, feeding their views back to ministers and creating resources to support them.
- Securing a commitment from the Home Secretary that she will review the Game Act (1831), making it easier to tackle hare-coursing in Hertford and Stortford.