The quality of our infrastructure largely dictates to what extent we can level up the livelihoods of people across Hertford and Stortford.
My infrastructure priorities include:
- Campaigning for the installation of an average speed check system on London Road in Hertford Heath to protect local residents from speeding motorists.
- Working with McDonald’s and BP for an extra lane to be built on the Rush Green Roundabout, freeing up traffic at the site without any cost being transferred to the taxpayer as part of this.
- Lobbying the Government to explore the possibility of ‘four-tracking’ the West Anglia Mainline, meaning better service for passengers travelling by train in our community.
My achievements in this area so far include:
- Securing an agreement in principle from McDonald’s and BP to formulate a plan and pay for the improvement to the Rush Green Roundabout.
- Securing a commitment from David Lloyd, Hertfordshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner, that he would approve the installation of the average speed check system on London Road, Hertford Heath should there be no outstanding issues requiring resolution.
- Secured a commitment from the Government to look into the possibility of ‘four-tracking’ our railway line.