Our NHS is the institution that brings the most amount of pride to people up and down the country.
Of course, I also have priorities for local healthcare too. These include:
- Working with colleagues to deliver the new Princess Alexandra Hospital, providing a healthcare campus that is fit for the twenty-first century.
- Assisting the campaign for the Wallace House Surgery in Hertford and South Street Surgery in Bishop’s Stortford to move into upgraded premises in order to better manage the growing demand for their services.
- Making sure that the NHS at our local health campuses always remains free at the point of delivery for those who need it.
My achievements so far in this area include:
- Working with colleagues to secure funding from the Department of Health and Social Care for the new Harlow Hospital.
- Working with the Princess Alexandra Hospital Trust and local stakeholders to work through outstanding issues to aid the new hospital’s delivery.
- Lobbied local health groups to aid Wallace House Surgery’s move to a new building in the heart of Hertford.
- Securing a change in government policy during the pandemic, meaning VAT would no longer be charged on PPE equipment for care homes.